Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Scrappin’ With the Monkee’s

About a 2 weeks ago my girls came down to the Inn for the weekend to spend hours upon hours scrapbooking.  What a blast!!  Scrapbooking is fun but I’ve learned I’m a “friend scrapper”…I really only enjoy it when I’m in the company of friends cause let’s face it, it’s usually more fun to do just about anything with a friend.  I also FINALLY have some wicked awesome space to spread out and scrapbook and I’m so thankful for it!  I had to work till 3 am on Friday night but they came down anyway that evening and thanks to my wonderful hubby, had a very hospitable greeting…unfortunately he also got credit for the little gift I had put together for them…small price to pay I guess.  My friends were kind enough to wait up for me that night and also kind enough to “wake” me up in the morning.  (Question: If your jumped upon in the middle of a deep sleep, is it truly waking…I don’t know about you, but I usually take my time with that.)  Anyway, we got up and started scrapbooking right away and as soon as Jamie got in from his daily feeding chores, we were soon fed too.  He made us a home cooked breakfast and even did the dishes…could you guys come more often so the dishes get done???

This was Sonya’s first time really doing the scrapbook thing and she was doing 2 identical albums…one for her daughter and one for her daughter’s friend…from the Disney cruise they had taken a few years ago.  This was the first page she completed.  Lookin' good!!IMG_1288IMG_1296Copying the “surprised look” she captured from her daughter when they told her where they were going.

IMG_1292

Kiersten was putting together her album from the cruise they took with us in November.  Her first page done…lots more to do!!IMG_1293IMG_1334 IMG_1339 IMG_1289 IMG_1298IMG_1311

K-K’s hubby had gotten her a BIG cricut a few years ago for Christmas and she hadn’t had much of a chance to use it…until now.  We were so glad we had the jumbo cricut for our weekend…thanks, Matt!  She also hadn’t had much of a chance to connect with Matt that whole week as they were both gone the weekend, she was sure missing her Amishman.  Newlyweds…gotta love ‘em!!  (She’s kissing a picture of her Honey, not the Cabana boy…just in case you were wondering.)

IMG_1304 

So we scrapped all day Saturday, went out for dinner that night, came back and scrapped until 4 am Sunday morning and then they both hit the road since they had to work that night.  We had gotten dessert and taken it to-go with the intent that at midnight we would take a little breather and enjoy some chocolate…midnight was epic and getting this picture wasn’t without a  few laughs…I think I barely made it before the clock changed.

IMG_1322

And then there was the argument over who really gave Sonya the swirly stickers…which again resulted in quite a bit of laughing afterwards.

IMG_1326

And yes, we were all still best of friends by the end of the weekend!  (Actually I think in the pic below K-K’s really thinking…"Get that stupid camera outta my face already"…but at least she’s still smiling.)

IMG_1294 Dear Monkee’s, thanks for spending the weekend at the Inn.  I absolutely love my girls and can’t wait for our next scrapbooking adventure!

1 comment:

  1. The amazing things that moving east brings. =) And if someone would have told you that a year later THIS would be happening HERE - you wouldn't have believed them. =) Fun, Fun, Fun. The only thing that would have made it better was if Mudder Smucker would have been attendance. ;)

    ReplyDelete