Being the wonderful Aunt that I am, I had taught my niece Rachel to do “The Look” quite a while ago. The Look, or “Ook” as she calls it, looks very similar to this…
…in all my pictures I came to realize that I don’t have a picture of Rachel giving The Look…cereal?!?…but as she gives The Look so quickly and then immediately following irrupts into a fit of giggles, making The Look quite ineffective, it’s almost impossible to catch the moment. Often times growing up I heard that I could give some pretty mean “black looks”, as my mudder affectionately called them, and just so Aunt Jess won’t ever be forgotten, I wanted to rest assured they would be passed down, and so I passed them on to Rachel and Jessie.
I guess they didn’t want her to permanently end up with black looks on their faces, so my in-laws taught them the Pretty Look…which Jessie has perfected…but then again it looks like she’s also perfected The Look too…
We had a family gathering this past weekend at my grandparents house to celebrate everyone’s birthday…a yearly tradition cause there are WAY too many birthdays to celebrate year around. Somehow “the looks” conversation came up and Jessie had to show off her moves…stellar job, cutie pie!!
And it looks as though Uncle Kenny can also give a few looks of his own…who knew…it looks as though they have been passed down through the generations.
As I don’t have many pictures of Caleb yet, here is what the cute little chunky monkey looks like by now. He’s growing like a weed, smiles, and as of yet has not learned The Look, although he can scrunch up his nose like none other!
This wouldn’t be complete with a picture of my grandparents. They just love having the little ones around…Grandma especially loves rocking the babies whenever she can and just like she did for us, she always has a special little treat for them…ain’t Grandmas just wonderful?!
I couldn’t end without mentioning that Mudder Smucker has once again picked up her blogging pen and has a brand spankin’ new blog post out there. You can catch up with her at…
No comments:
Post a Comment