Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Very Monkee Christmas


Our Christmas festivities began this year with the 3rd annual Monkee Christmas party at the Tumbleweed Inn.  We have been so blessed with wonderful friends and with each passing year I'm amazed how much closer we get to our friends even though distance doesn't allow us with the opportunity to see each other as often as we would like...and then as I'm typing this I'm realizing that maybe that's why we are such great friends. :)  I had been looking forward to this particular get together for weeks....actually pretty much since last Christmas.


We had been decorating and preparing the TW Inn for the wonderful festivities.  And after a text from Sonya that day, we had made it a PJ party as well and everyone arrived appropriately attired...that is all except for one....


....this one!!!  In true Matt form he came as Amos, the Reindeer Elf and won hands down with the best outfit of the evening!!  I think I may need to start providing depends at the door if this event continues into our elder years because I about piddled on the floor after seeing this walk thru my door.  I can only imagine what this will bring about for next years celebration.


After everyone had arrived and gotten over the fact that we had ourselves a real live reindeer elf at the party (thank goodness he was potty trained!), the food prep began for the feast that would have given the Who's of Whoville and run for their money!  We had an overwhelming amount of yummy food to snack on.  (I think I tried to roll up to bed that night, but as rolling UP doesn't work so well, yes I tried it, I opted to laugh a little off and walk my way there instead...whew!)


And then we had D. Duck, the Redneck Pirate who I believe came in second for best outfit.  And get this, the lanky dude had to stop at McD's for some fries before arriving...just couldn't wait for all the feast, he had to get fries first?!?  If it wasn't for the fact that his boney body clearly needs fat, I'd have probably outlawed him from eating any of our wonderful creations and I'd have put him on pooper scooper duty, just in case the Reindeer Elf decided to drop a little "present" early.


And then my two lovely friends, Sonya & KK...a girl couldn't ask for better friends!!  (Dear Victoria, thanks for letting your mommy borrow your mad awesome hat!!  We gotta go shopping girl!)



I just love these two!  KK, I don't know how you live with him sometimes, but life has GOT to be interesting at your house because our time with him is NEVER dull...God love you girl!

And then began the annual game of Quelf...we all picked our characters out of a hat this year...

we had...

KK...The Super Ninja Monkey

Amos, Mr Lugnut


Sonya, The Biscuit Farmer

D. Duck, The Dude (and whata dude he is!)

Me, Queen Spatula



Jamous, The Platypus


And then came all the goofy, stupid stunts we had to do...


...like sitting under the table for a round...


...and missing out entirely while these 2 had to play patty cake...hahaha...



...cue shoe head and colander face...


...and despite it all, Amos still performed a few tricks...expressions...stunts...whatever you want to call it, that weren't on the playing cards.


Last but not least came the annual group photo, starring none other than, Amos, the Reindeer Elf.



Please excuse the poor lighting, picture quality or wrinkled background.  We weren't going for professional quality here, just having a bit o' fun....


...and fun it was because that first one may be be the only serious picture in the bunch....or maybe there were a few more...



...NOPE, serious just left the building!!



I'm pretty sure it left with Santa's sleigh, who probably chose to leave this sad pathetic elf behind, too embarrassed to be seen in public with him or more likely too afraid of what kind of trouble he might get into with him along.  Oh, my poor, sweet KK...I sure hope you got out to fill the car with gas on the way home.


But ya know, I'm glad Santa left this one behind!  Again, we are so blessed with wonderful friends and I'm especially grateful we have friends who are willing to leave their homes looking like fools just to have a fabulous evening with us here at the Tumbleweed Inn...we would be sad, pathetic, lonely people without all of you so thanks again for the wonderful memories and for your friendship!  (And next year, Brian and Jen, you better be here...dressed appropriately!)

Merry Christmas to all and Blessings as we begin this New Year...in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment