Last week we were scheduled to out for dinner with some good friends of ours and because some other plans came up that were way more important than us, they bailed on us…I’m just pickin’ chicken, don’t fry!! No, in all seriousness, it worked out OK because now I have this story to tell and we ended up having a nice evening with my parents. Soon after leaving my parents house that evening we had stopped at Sheetz to fill up the gas tank. I decided to go inside and get something warm to drink as it was starting to snow and it was C.O.L.D. out!! While standing there impatiently reading all the magazine covers in the rack waiting for my delightfully hot latte, an older gentleman tapped me on the shoulder and handed me a gigantean bouquet of long stem roses!! My face probably said it all because my brows were furrowed deeper than a groundhog hole and I hesitated before actually taking them. I wanted to know what the catch was. He said, “Ma’am, these are for you. Happy Birthday!” In which I took them and muttered a quick and confused, “Thanks?” As it turns out he is a trucker for a wholesale florist and noticed that every week they were throwing away all these beautiful bouquets of roses that he thought still had some life in them. So each week he collects them and drives around to all the Sheetz in the area and hands them out to the women there. As I came walking up to the car with a big grin on my face eagerly anticipating Jamie’s response, he hit the home run for me. “What did you get yourself into now?” HAHAHA!! I just laughed and said, “I’ll tell you in the car.” And what a story it was! Isn’t it nice to know that there are still people out there who do random acts of kindness?
We had already planned to get together with our friends again on Saturday and I couldn’t resist telling my story and showing off my roses…which are still looking nice! The men all wanted to know exactly what Sheetz we were at, the time we were there and what night it was!! FYI, I think it would look a little suspicious if you started asking for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment