This “berry sweet” little girl is my niece Rachel and she is a barrel full of monkeys! But then again just looking at the picture above I’m sure you’ve already guessed that about her….I mean, duh, how couldn’t you?! I spent the night at my parents this past Saturday night because of electrical work that was being done at our house. (Working night shift and then trying to sleep through home repairs is not a good mix and this girl NEEDS her beauty sleep!) I also thought it would be a good excuse to see all of my family while I was there. So Saturday evening I got to spend some time with Digger and his family at the butcher shop. Last week the shop driveway finally got a beautiful blacktop makeover. Whoo-hoo!!! Saturday Papa Smurf spent part of the hot afternoon painting lines and man, you would have thought Rachel was in heaven! She ran down the driveway and then ran back up again…over the lines, through the lines, counting the lines… “one, two, three, six, ten…” And I had the grand privilege of being a spectator to her talented sporting event…tickets were free, you should have come! So since ya’ll couldn’t be there I thought I’d share this fun event through pictures.
5 Apparently she has anti-gravity skills…
5 …and Karate moves (Look out, Pappy Smurf, she’s goin’ for the knees!)…
5 …and she can buckle herself into the carseat!
So there you have it folks! Not only can Rachel count all the way to 11 (minus the number 7), she can run, jump, defy gravity, practice Karate moves on Pappy Smurf, and put herself into her carseat…I don’t know about you, but the combination of all those things equals a talented energetic little girl, one very worn out daddy, and one entertaining evening for yours truly. That smile is quite a winner too and I’m certainly not biased. But the best part of this evening was the “I love you” she said to me after giving me a hug goodbye…my heart is still soaring high!
No comments:
Post a Comment