Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Take My Life
I remember learning this song as a young child and hearing it now always makes me feel comforted. I remember learning the song through a big book with pictures and words to the song. I remember one of the pictures with Christ's hands together, but that's the only picture I remember from the book. Mom, maybe you will remember what I am talking about. I found this version of the song recently and thought I would share it with you. My hope is that in listening to the words, you too will find a comfort and a peace in them. I'm slowly learning that God IS and always has promised to remain at my side, no matter what storms may come my way. I'm also reminded that my life is God's, not mine. I need to daily lay my life at His feet and commit myself to His will. This has not been easy for me...I've spent many days complaining and sinking into the difficulties I've been faced with lately, instead of looking above and asking God to guide me through this. I will be learning this until the day I die. But God knows that we are not perfect and we will not respond to every situation as we should but in daily giving my life over to God I'm given the opportunity to rest in God's plan for me and to focus on today alone.
So, I challenge you...are you ready to give God YOUR life today?
I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa
Good morning...this is God. I will be handling all your problems today. I do not need your help, so have a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you God! I don't really feel like handling all my problems today! I'm getting too tired.....
ReplyDelete