Sunday, July 12, 2009

I HATE snakes!!!!

I wasn't going to share this story because I didn't want to scare off any friends who had ideas of coming out to visit, but thought it was the beginning of I'm sure many adventures we will have in Montana and it was too good not to share. Sorry again that there are no pictures...you'll have to use your imagination again. Have I mentioned that I HATE SNAKES yet???? If not, let me say so now....I HATE SNAKES!!!! They make me go "Ewwy" and get the shives! Bleah! Icky! Oooey! Jamie had just got in from baling yesterday and he was putting the 4-wheeler's away and I said I'd walk down to the house to get the one in front. Now mind you it's dusk at this time and I have the dogs with me. I walk down...had to check to make sure supper wasn't burning in the oven and walked out. By that time, Jamie had come down on a 4 wheeler and started mine. I've got Bruiser on the back and Bryn running beside. I had just shifted into 2nd when Jamie HOLLERED...crapped me pants, I did!...for me to stop. I'm like, what did I do now, I just shifted and all went well. Good grief, took a few off my life!!!! Of all that is holy! So he rides down to me and with the next sentence takes another few off my life..."There's a snake over there and I don't know if it's a rattler". Land sakes alive...my heart is pumpin now...and I need new drawers! He didn't want the dogs to go over cause we don't know what kind it is, so he puts them in the pick-up and gets his pistol. The good Lord was looking out for my poor heart cause he had one bullet left and oh, I forgot to mention that I had just walked past that vile creature not 5 min ago!!!! Holy cow...it was my walking partner....of all the ewwy...gooey...icky....bleah! Crimeinellies!!! This is my one fear about moving out here...keeps me up at nite....vile, vile creatures! So I sit there on the 4 wheeler...with my feet up past my ears....just in case in the 10 feet that it sat slithering away from me, it might just decide to leap across and nibble on my toes....oh, ooey again! I sat in this uncomfortable position with my fingers plugged in my ears and with much pride and immense satisfation watched as Jamie shot the thing! Thank goodness there's one less snake in this big state! And please no reminders about the fact that snakes actually do procreate...in my feable mind, God only created snakes when He created the world and that was it...a once and done kinda creation...it was a limited number and once their gone, their gone! So that's my snake story...one I'm sure of many that will transpire over the years. Oh how I HATE SNAKES....absolutely despise them.....vile creatures!!!!

$2,000 4 wheeler.....$300 pistol....one bullet....the moment a vile snake dies....priceless!

Love, ME and the incredible snake slayer!

PS I got an e-mail from my dad who said he enjoyed my story and was waiting for the video. I promptly replied that although the video would be rather entertaining, this story was going to have to remain imagination only because between my fingers in my ears and my feet up past my head, I'm not sure how I would have pulled off holding a video camera to capture this priceless moment. I'll have to work on that one.

1 comment:

  1. Hey...so excited to hear you're doing this...a great way to stay connected & see your life!!!
    Hope all's going well for you...that you're adjusting to life under the "big sky"....

    ReplyDelete